Daniel Boulud, a native of Lyon, France, is considered one of America's leading culinary authorities and one of the most revered chefs in New York, his home since 1982. Daniel is Chef-Owner of 13 restaurants around the world, and is best known for his eponymous, exquisitely refined DANIEL on Manhattan's Upper East Side. Outside of New York, the chef's cooking can be found in London, Singapore, Toronto, Montréal, Miami, Palm Beach, Washington DC, and Boston. Boulud is the author of ten cookbooks, the recipient of multiple James Beard Foundation awards including "Outstanding Chef" and "Outstanding Restaurateur," as well as The Culinary Institute of America's "Chef of the Year Award" (2011) and The World's 50 Best Restaurants "Lifetime Achievement Award" (2015). Boulud was named a Chevalier de la Légion d'Honneur by the French government in March 2006 in recognition of his contributions to the advancement of French culture. He is a generous supporter and Co-President of Citymeals-on-Wheels for more than two decades, and is Chairman of the Ment'or BKB foundation.
Awards and Accolades:
- James Beard Award Winner, Best Chefs in America 1992
- James Beard Award Winner, Outstanding Chef 1994
- James Beard Award Winner, Outstanding Restaurant 2010
- James Beard Award Winner, Outstanding Restaurateur 2006
- James Beard Award Winner, Outstanding Service 2009
- James Beard Award Winner, Who's Who of Food & Beverage in America 1995
- The Culinary Institute of America, Chef of the Year 2011
- The World's 50 Best Restaurants, Lifetime Achievement Award 2015
FRENCH MASTERS DINNER
PRESTENTED BY AIR TAHITI NUI
Wednesday, October 2
A fine dining, multi-course affair featuring the world's most acclaimed French culinary experts.